Saturday, June 20, 2009

Sweet Makena-isms...

Our sweet girl is growing up...and FAST! Every day she does something new, I laugh and then run to the nearest pillow to burry my head to cry. Only because she is growing too fast. I do miss the little 'peanut', but boy am I excited to see what God has in store for this little girl!

So for your enjoyment...Makena-isms...
-She offically has moved up to a big girl bed. Luckily her crib converts in toddler bed, so one weekend we just took off the railing. I am not a big fan of the current bed, but toddler beds are just too expensive (I don't like the bed because its too high). So far she only fell out once.

-She is wearing big girl underwear! Why you might ask? No, no, no she is not potty trained. Its because she figured out how to take her diaper off. The undies are there just as an extra step. For Kena, if there is too many steps involved she won't bother (like her mommy). The other day, she was supposted to be taking a nap. I normally have the montior on to listen to her, this time I guess I didn't have it high enough. I walked back to take a nap, heard Kena, opened her door and found....well Kena with a shirt and...thats about it. She took her diaper off (yes she sleeps in just a diaper...) and then proceeded to trash her room! Yes, q-tips strewn about, clothes taken off the hanger (even a hanger broken), books scattered all over. BUT HERE IS THE KICKER...I asked Kena "what happened???" and her response "I sorry mommy" then covered her face with her hands. How on earth can I get mad at that??? On goes the undies!

-I have horrible seasonal (which feels like ALL the TIME) allergies. This year has been the worst. The only postive, when I sneeze (actually when anyone sneezes) she says "God besss you mommy". Tooooo cute!

-She is figuring out her colors...or at least for now. We were coloring today and she would bring daddy a crayon and daddy would ask "what color is it?" and she would answer...correctly! Either I am doing something right or I own a lot of money to PBS.

-LOVES bubbles. And if you ever want to be 'cool' or on the 'good side' of kena, bring her some bubbles.
There will be many more...

1 comments:

Lisa said...

She's adorable! I'm sorry I missed her the other day at work!